Could a retired principal make a significant contribution to your organisation?
Why not advertise any suitable work opportunities through us?
School principals are expert in managing people, growing leadership capacity, building positive diverse work environments, managing cultural, economic and social diversity and supporting physical and intellectual disability in a wide range of urban, rural and remote contexts.
Our research shows that most principals continue working in some form or other even a decade after they have retired. They can work fulltime, part time, casual or on contract. They can work with individuals or teams, face-to-face or online, on long term projects or short term tasks.
Retired principals offer a breadth of experience in meeting the needs of all members of the community. Their skills make them an invaluable resource for any organisation. These include:
- strategic planning in the context of global change, planning proactively to maximise the potential of staff and students
- managing and implementing organisational and system requirements including health and safety, risk assessment etc
- consulting and collaborating with communities – particularly culturally diverse communities
- managing inclusive organisations for those with disabilities
- managing people and growing leadership capacity through leading comprehensive professional learning programs and building positive, inclusive work environments
- allocating resources aligned with priorities and managing large and complex budgets
- working proactively in public relations and promoting the work of their school community.
How to advertise a paid or unpaid work opportunity for a retired principal
- If you are a government department, business or other organisation interested in advertising a paid or voluntary position for a retired principal in your organisation, please email Cassy Norris or email@example.com
- If you are a current or past principal registered as a member of the Principal Futures website you can easily send out a ‘p-futures’ email to all website members providing details of the work you have available by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively you can email Cassy Norris or email@example.com
- If you are a current or past principal not registered as a member of the Principal Futures website please email Cassy Norris or firstname.lastname@example.org.